2023 Bring Back Biathlon
McCall Nordic and Biathlon Ski Club welcome you to our annual event. New to biathlon? Several practice sessions will be available before the race.
Participants must have USBA day membership or belong to McCall Nordic and Biathlon Club. Everyone will need to sign a Jug Mountain Ranch waiver and if not a member of the club, will need a day ski pass at Jug Mountain Ranch.
View directions to Jug Mountain Ranch
Registration will open on Feb 13th.
2023 Bring Back Biathlon
Saturday, March 4, 2023
Jug Mountain Ranch
Open Practice Sessions 10:00am-2:00pm
5k Fun Race 2:30pm-4:30pm
Bring Back Biathlon
2023 registration opens on February 13th!
Follow the registration links to the right to sign up for the race. No day of registration allowed; registration will close at 12 Noon on Friday 3/3/23. Registration for race and practice are both capped at 60 participants.
Questions: Please contact Cory Corbet, Biathlon Program Director/Coach at 208-630-3283.
Registration opens on February 13th!
Biathlon Program Director
New to Biathlon or just want to get some time shooting and skiing? This open practice is designed to introduce you to the sport of Biathlon, or if you just want to get some Biathlon practice time in. A range officer will assign you an open lane and rifle shortly after arrival. Peak hours tend to be around noon so come early or late for shortest wait time.We will have Range safety officers and helpers at the range sharing with you rifle and range safety and shooting basics. Rifle and ammo will be provided. Participants must ski or snowshoe to the Biathlon range (approximately 3/4 mile from parking lot).
Cost is $25.00
- Practice session (optional) $25
- Race $25
- Trail pass $13
- USBA one day membership ($20)
- Link for USBA one day membership: https://
usbiathlon.app.neoncrm.com/ forms/membership-2022-23-piiht tps://usbiathlon.app.neoncrm. com/forms/membership-2022-23- pii
Biathlon Sprint Race
The race is 4-5km in length and consists of two ski loops and two shooting bouts. At each bout the racer will shoot 5 shots at knock-down targets with the shooting posture and target size depending on the class of entry (see race classes below for more details). For every missed target, regardless of race classification, the skier must ski a short penalty loop before returning to the race course – clock runs the entire time – skier with shortest elapsed time in each class wins. Racers will start in 30 second intervals and the course will be marked at all intersections (course map available at registration). Ammo and range rifles provided for those racing in Open and Devo classes (rifles left at range – not carried). Aspiring class racers must have their own rifle and ammunition and must carry same.
Cost is $25.00
- Open Youth: 10-13 years old; shooting prone on standing targets with bench rest and using range guns for both shooting bouts
- Open Adult: 14 years and older: shooting prone on standing targets with bench rest and using range guns for both shooting bouts
- Devo: 13 years and older: shooting prone on prone and standing on stand targets using range guns (no carry; no bench rests)
- Aspiring: 14 years and older: shooting prone on prone and standing on stand targets using carried rifle (no bench rests, no range guns allowed)
Bib Pickup and Trail Pass
All participants in both practice and race must check in inside the Jug Mountain Ranch club house prior to practice or race. Check in will be open from 9:30- 2pm. Every participant is responsible for a Jug Mountain Ranch ski pass. All participants must have a season trail pass or a $13 day pass purchased in the clubhouse Pro Shop on the day of the race.
This is the McCall Biathlon Team’s main fundraising event!
Google map directions are from the center of McCall, ID, to Jug Mountain Ranch Clubhouse. For custom directions, you can use 44.838, -116.025 for the start area.
Lodging options are available at the InIdaho web site at: InIdaho.com 1-800-844-3246
- Hotel McCall: 1-866-800-1183
- Holiday Inn Express, Hunt Lodge: 208-634-4700
- Shore Lodge: 800-657-6464
- Brundage Inn: 208-634-2344
- Scandia Inn: 208-634-7394
- Super 8 McCall: 208-634-4637
- Best Western Plus McCall: 208-634-2230
- America’s Best Value Inn and Suites: 208-634-6300
- Ponderosa State Park Cabins: 208-634-2164