Little Ski Hill
Friday, February 28, 2020 – Sunday, March 1, 2020
Registration & Fees: IMD Registration Forms have been emailed to Program Directors and Head Coaches directly. Entries due 2/25/20 by 9:00 pm. You may also download the full registration spreadsheet here. All instructions for registration are in TAB 1 of the spreadsheet.
Waiver: All racers must have a waiver filled out to participate. The link to this online waiver was also sent to team coaches. Fill out online waiver here.
Please see important info below about parking and shuttles. All course maps are at the bottom of this page.
Contact John Gebhards with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Schedule of Events|
|Tue, Feb 25||9:00pm||Entries Due. Please us IMD Excel team registration form email to teams. Send to email@example.com|
|Fri, Feb 28||10:00am – 2:30pm||Team Check-in and courses open for preview|
|5:30pm||Coaches Meeting, bib pickup – Hotel McCall Library|
|Sat, Feb 29||8:00am – 8:50am||Course Open|
|9:00am||Skate Technique – Interval Start, Tentative Start Order
F U8, M U8 – 1K
F U10, M U10 – 1K
F U12, M U12 – 2K
F U14, M U14 – 3K
F U16 Novice, M U16 Novice – 3K
|1:00pm||Skier Cross – Interval Start, Random Line-up
Short Course U8, U10
Long Course U12, U14, U16 Novice
|3:00pm||Races Complete, Courses Closed, Stadium Breakdown|
|6:30pm||Awards Banquet, Payette Lakes Middle School|
|Sun, Mar 1||9:00am||Classic Technique, Mass Start, Tentative Start Order
M U14, F U14 – 3K
M U16 Novice, F U16 Novice – 3K
M U12, F U12 – 2K
M U10, F U10 – 1K
M U8, F U8 – 1K
Awards immediately following completion of races.
|11:00am – 1:00pm||Onsite Lunch, prepaid with registration|
Top 5: U8, U10, U12, U14, U16/Novice
Saturday: Awards at Banquet
Sunday: Awards following conclusion of races
Course Maps: Please see the bottom of this page for all course maps.
Parking & Shuttles: There is very limited parking at the Little Ski Hill. Shuttles will be required for everyone except for event volunteers and allotted team vehicles. Shuttles will run from the Payette National Forest Supervisor’s Office in McCall. See map of location to park and shuttle.
IMD Waxing Protocols:
For all age classes at the Youth Ski Championship: No use of any wax containing fluorinated or Gallium components is allowed.
Food and Beverage:
Food and drinks available at the Little Ski Hill lodge throughout the event.
- Hotel McCall: 1-866-800-1183
- Holiday Inn Express, Hunt Lodge: 208-634-4700
- Shore Lodge: 800-657-6464
- Brundage Inn: 208-634-2344
- Scandia Inn: 208-634-7394
- Super 8 McCall: 208-634-4637
- Best Western Plus McCall: 208-634-2230
- America’s Best Value Inn and Suites: 208-634-6300
- The Rustic Inn Motel: 208-634-7671
- Ponderosa State Park Cabins: 208-634-2164
- com: Vacation rentals, hotel info and reservations. www.inidaho.com, 1-800-844-3246
Additional Activities in the McCall Area:
For parents/families/teams that arrive early, here are a few things you may want to check out in the McCall area:
- Toyota Ski Free Friday, 2/28: Brundage Mountain – details at: https://brundage.com/events-calendar/2020-02/
- McCall Beer Fest 2/28 and 2/29 – Why not! This event sells out, so get tickets in advance at: https://tickets.beerfests.com/events/26870
- Activity Barn – Lift Served Sledding Hill – https://brundage.com/trip-planner/snow-tubing-mccall/
- Nordic Ski Trails: If you want to get out for a longer ski, try one of the several groomed trail systems near McCall. They include:
- Bear Basin Nordic Center (located a short distance from the Little Ski Hill)
- Ponderosa State Park (located in town)
- Activity Barn (just south of town)
- Jug Mountain Ranch (south of town near Lake Fork)
John Gebhards, Race Director
Matt Galyardt, Assistant Race Director